Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I'm in a New York State of Mind


It is finally happening gals! Yours truly is going to New York next month..a few days after Valentine's Day! I have literally been dreaming of this moment since I was a little girl. It was a very spur of the moment planned trip with some dear old college friends. One moment I was saying "I want to go" and the next..Poof! I have a ticket to go!

Oh New York..New York...New York. I am so giddy with excitement! My poor boyfriend has only heard me talk about New York since I found out I was going. I do wish I had known sooner, so that I could have planned better. I do not own a coat. Nope...not even one. Living in San Diego, the coldest temps we usually hit are in the 50s and that is on a very "cold" day by our standards. So I am in a flurry to get over the knee socks, over the knee, flat boots, at least 2 coats and a pair of gloves. My Mom is sewing me a huge, cable scarf. She said it is charcoal gray on one side and black with silver peekaboo thread on the other..I trust it will be cute as she has good fashion sense.

So New York...you captured my heart as a child and my love just grew for you from afar throughout the years. Get ready, because here I come! :)

Here are some reasons why I am so in love with this city, even though I have never been:

My favorite movie in the entire world, that I have been watching since I was a little girl, Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Sex and the City
Sleepless in Seattle 
 The Seven Year Itch and Marilyn Monroe

As my Mom always tells me, "There are country mice, city mice and suburb mice...Katie, you are definitely a city mouse at heart" <3

7 comments:

  1. NYC!!!
    you´re lucky, girl!!
    I want to go to the big apple!!
    Have fun in NYC!!!
    xoxo

    http://white-lotusflower.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I would LOVE to go to Spain someday..That is my top European destination! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came across your blog & love it (now following, hee hee). How exciting your going to NYC! I've been there twice & the City is just amazing, from the buildings & bars to the people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Queenie! I really just can't wait..that is all that consumes my thoughts lately! I'm sure I will not want to come back home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your blog, its very nice... why don't we follow each other? Thanks, kisses.
    @vanespp

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vanessa- I just checked out your blog! Very cute..I'm a follower now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with everyone's comments - New York is just amazing! You know I'm more of a beach mouse, lol. But honestly, when we came back from visiting the big apple, I wanted to move there for a few months! I still do. It's just unlike anything I've ever experienced. The energy there is palpable. From the people to the food to the buildings...you will love it!

    ReplyDelete